10.15.2003

First quarter exams start next week here at Rotman, five exams in five days, and there's a lot of pressure. In a nutshell it breaks down like this: when the investment banks come to recruit at Rotman the first thing they want to see is your transcript. Mediocre grades = no i-banking job. We're being graded on a curve of course, and everybody here is just as smart and as motivated as I am.

OK Rotman, as Costanza would say: "you want to get nuts... let's get nuts!"

A couple of pop-culture related observations today: I see that the song "Pictures of You" by the Cure is now being used to sell HP's digital photography. Now I can finally truly appreciate what the hippies were complaining about when Nike bought the rights to "Revolution". Now its my music that's being used in the soulless, Captialistic pursuit of profits. It's not that I object so much to Robert Smith cashing in like that - it just makes me feel old.

Tony Pierce has a good blog entry today about what it's like to be a Cubs fan (not dissimiliar to rooting for the Canucks sometimes) and the most hated man in Chicago today.

Still no correct answer from last week's quiz. Anyone? DJDwayne?

Lastly, a little more blog begging (blegging?). Thanks to everyone who was generous enough to chip in on my behalf to the Toronto United Way for the CN Tower Stair Climb. It's much easier to do it online, however, than to send me money in the mail. The Stair Climb is October 24th, so there's still plenty of time to make a donation if you're so inclined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home