9.23.2003

It's becoming apparent that one of the challenges for me at Rotman will be simply finding enough hours in the day to get the most out of the program - to get the "full experience". Today for example, Bob Young, the Co-Founder and CEO of Red Hat, Inc. is in Rotman's Atrium for a guest appearance. The announcement says in part: "Bob will share his style of thinking and managing that helped him grow Red Hat into the world’s premier Open Source and Linux providers" (Rotman is continually lining up these fantasic speakers for us during lunch hours and early evenings)

Maybe not all my readers would find this all that fascinating, but I sure do. It's not really an opportunity that I've been exposed to before. People from Toronto's business community are paying $99 to come here and hear this guy speak, and I'm actually thinking to myself that I can't really afford the time, what with the resume round robin tomorrow and all the reading I need to do.

The point is I really can't afford not to attend. The trick seems to be finding a balance with the coursework, the clubs (I'm in the Rotman Finance Assn. and the Rotman Outreach community service group) the career-related activities and sleep. A balance that will let me make the most of my time here.

Part of the trick, I supposed, is just to have things organized. Like Henry Hill explained to Karen in Goodfellas "You know why these guys get caught? They're nigger stick-up men who fall asleep in the getaway car Karen. I'm not gonna get caught, because I've got things organized." So for now, I'm depending on my Microsoft Outlook to keep me organized - and wide awake in the MBA getaway car.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home